CURRENTLY BOOKING 2018 TRIPS, CONTACT US TO INQUIRE OR RESERVE DATES AND become an independent kitesurfer THIS SUMMER!
El Norte Adventures offers lessons as an adventure tour from May to September, weekends are often booked months in advance of the summer. Contact Us to inquire about availability.
Trips typically start at 9 am on the first day and end at 9 pm on the last day, however timings are flexible to accommodate your schedule. All trips include pickup and drop off on Central/Northern Vancouver Island.
Our all-inclusive kitesurfing adventure tours are $675/day for private or $475/day for a two person trip. The adventure tour includes all of the below and offers outstanding value to travellers. Three day tours include a free XCEL wetsuit or Ocean Rodeo trainer kite . Four day tours include a $500 gear credit from any of our suppliers.
Reserve to receive your trainer kite in advance of your lesson. Once you receive your trainer kite our instructor will arrange a skype chat with you to provide practice techniques and basic safety information. We have found very consistently that those who practiced flying their trainer kites progressed much faster during all stages of kitesurfing lessons. Being able to put the control of the kite on mental "auto-pilot" is the key to unlocking the freedom of kitesurfing.
INCLUDED WITH ADVENTURE TOUR
- All transportation including local airport/ferry pickup and dropoff
- Three meals and dessert provided by our amazing local caterer The Guerrilla Food Company, plus nutritious snacks during the day.
- Our luxury cabin style camping equipment or transportation to local accommodations.
- IKO qualified instructor and guide for duration of trip
- Zodiac support for lessons and accessing remote areas
- All kitesurfing equipment and safety gear (helmet, PFD, and booties)
- A variety of amazing locations and activities unique to Vancouver Island during the morning before the wind picks up
- Everything you need to enjoy your trip worry-free, such as sunscreen, headlamps, etc., - Just bring suitable footwear and clothing!
River tubing through a cave before an afternoon of kitesurfing lessons.
- Camping is beautiful and peaceful during the summer months on Vancouver Island and allows us to stay directly at the site of adventures. If you would prefer other accommodations let us know in advance - we will recommend and assist in booking one of the many local accommodations for you. Examples include:
- Bring a wetsuit or:
- We custom order wetsuits to ensure a perfect fit. Contact us at least a week in advance and we will send you a sizing chart. Good fit is the most important factor in a wetsuit's ability to keep you warm and comfortable.
- Rentals are $25/day and applied as a credit should you wish to purchase your wetsuit at the end of the trip. We only use top quality products from XCEL.
- Alcohol is not provided. Guests mays bring their own or ask to stop at a local store along the way! For safety reasons our staff hold the sole right to judge a student's sobriety before kitesurfing or any other adventure activity and may refuse or delay participation.
- Bring personal clothing for camping, sunglasses, bathing suit, personal medications or allergy prevention (EpiPen).
- All participants must agree to and sign a liability waiver before participating. The waiver is available for download here, and should be reviewed by both you and your lawyer prior to attending.
If you have a longer or unique trip in mind, head to the contact page and we will do our best to make it happen, including arranging other tours to compliment your kitesurfing holiday such as white water rafting, sea kayaking, and fishing charters.